If you see “Get Windows 10 Icon” in the task bar, You are eligible to get Windows 10 on the releasing date itself (July 29 2015). There are few points to be noted down. The computer which has Get windows 10 icon can automatically download windows 10 setup files so user can easily upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 or windows 8/8.1.
Why you are not able to see Get windows 10 Icon in task bar?
1.The following windows 7 & 8 users are not eligible to get windows 10 Icon.
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise
- Windows RT (Which is pre-installed in several tablets)
2. Your computer must have installed all updates. Keep checking if you have any pending updates.
3.The IE 11 which is also comes under updates list. So get upgrade to IE 11 from your IE 8/9/10.
4. The computers which are under domain networks can’t see this Get windows 10 Icon.
5. Windows 8 users must upgrade to Windows 8.1 to Get Windows 10 upgrade icon, then you can upgrade to windows 10.
6. Following are the minimum Specifications that required to run windows 10 .
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit (x86) or 2 GB for 64-bit (x64)
- Hard Disk Space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Screen Resolution: 1024×600 (Min)
- Operating System: windows 7, windows 8/8.1 (service packs are also eligible)
Only genuine Windows OS users can able to get WINDOWS 10 upgrade.All the eligible users can upgrade their OS to windows 10 for FREE, and enjoy the New Features of windows 10 across the all windows platform devices.
There are 2 windows 10 versions are available. windows 10 home and windows 10 professional. Those who are not eligible for free upgrade they can buy it from Microsoft store.
Also check in your notifications area in the task bar, sometimes Get windows 10 Icon might be hidden.You can show the icon by using “Show All Icons in Taskbar Notification Area”. Using this get windows 10 Icon you can also cancel the reservation slot for windows 10.